Simple Fields for WordPress let you add groups of fields to your edit posts page. It’s a more advanced and better alternative to the built in custom fields in WordPress.
If you want to try out the latest development version you can find the development version of Simple Fields at GitHub. There you can also submit bug reports and feature requests.
Simple Fields Features
- For a quick intro please check out my introductory blogpost ”Simple Fields is WordPress Custom Fields on Steroids”.
- Add textboxes, text areas, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdowns, and file browser to the post admin area
- Much easier for the user than regular custom fields
- Group fields together into logical groups. For example combine File + Name + Description into a an Attachments-group.
- Use ”repeatable” field groups to add many any amount of field groups to a single post – great for images or attachments!
- Use drag and drop to change order of added repeatable groups
- Different post types can use different field groups – actually you can even use different field groups even for same post type
- Nice GUI that looks like the rest of WordPress