A new and nice feature over at the WordPress plugin directory is that you starting from this week finally can give your favorite plugin a review. Since I have a lot of plugins I would reeeeealy like to have some review. So if you use my plugins (and well.. like them!) please head over tot the plugin directory right away and give them a good and honest review.
My plugins are, in case you forgot:
Just a quick post to let you know that my WordPress Custom Fields Plugin “Simple Fields” now has it’s own domain: simple-fields.com.
All content that previosly was here on + lot’s of new content has been moved to simple-fields.com.
Lately I have been working hard on the next version of Simple Fields – my Custom Fields plugin for WordPress. Some of the new great features are:
- Support for Custom Field Types/Field Type extensions. This means that you (or anyone else! 🙂 can write your own plugins for Simple Fields that adds new field types. Want a field type that let the user select a date range? Well just write it then! Or hire someone to do it. The main thing is that with this function Simple Fields is endless extendable!
- New functions for registering field groups and fields and post connectors using plain PHP. Great news for theme developers beacuse now you can add pre-defined sets of fields for your users. No need to add fieldgroups or post connectors manually.
- Support for slugs: each field you add now have a slug (that you decide) that you can use to access that field. Very useful together with the next feature:
- New and better/easier functions for getting the saved values for a post: simple_fields_value(“field_slug”) and simple_fields_values(“field_slug_1, field_slug_2”). No more messing with fieldgroup and field IDs.
- Actions and filters are added at many places so developers can modify parts of Simple Fields behavior.
The above features surely are great, but since I am just one person It’s difficult to spot possible bugs. So this is what I need you for: please help me find the bugs in the upcoming version of Simple Fields!
You can find the latest version of the plugin at Simple Fields GitHub project page. Please download it from there (or clone the repository, whatever suits you best) and use the plugin on an existing or new site and then report any bugs tot the GitHub project page or directly to me.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Oh – and don’t forget to backup your database first. You know… just in case 🙂
Just a quick post to let you know that I’ve added some documentation för all the field types in Simple Fields:
Can be pretty useful when you are developing. My goal is to add some useful examples to each field type. Let me know if you have an example you would like to see.
Oh yeah. Thanks to the great people at angrycreative.se Simple Field is slowly starting to work again. Check out the latest version available over at github: https://github.com/bonny/WordPress-Simple-Fields.
It’s rumored that this version works on WP3.3! 🙂